Trusted Business Visa & Individual Immigration Solicitors in London

Call for a Free Confidential Consultation


Let Our Top Immigration Solicitors Help You

Osbourne Pinner is one of the most distinguished teams of solicitors in London. With an exceptionally high success rate, we are considered amongst the best UK lawyers for immigration cases.

Our highly immigration experienced solicitors have the expertise to deliver solid results and provide exceptional legal consultation to all our clients. We believe in utmost transparency and confidentiality, which is why to strive for transparent communication without using complicated legal jargon. Crucially, we take pride in our ability to win cases and protect the rights of our clients.

Our law firm is a member of an exclusive group of companies that provide professional services to wealthy individuals. We can provide referrals and introductions to companies that advice on tax, property, investment and all business-related matters.  Our immigration lawyers can handle every element of your visa, your visa extension and everything related to setting up in the U.K.

Request Free Callback

For a confidential discussion about your matter, please leave your details and we’ll get back to you shortly..

Let Our Immigration Experts Help with Your Tier 4 Student Visa Application

Also known as the General or Child student visa, the Tier 4 student visa is available for students looking to study in the UK. Having worked with countless students on their Tier 4 student visa applications, the specialist team at Osbourne Pinner is well placed to help you succeed in your application.

Whether it’s the requirements of the visa, the application process or complexities like refusal, appeal or review, we’ll give you all the information you need alongside expert support and assistance every step of the way.

Tier 4 Student Visa - What You Need to Know

Broadly speaking, the Tier 4 student visa is aimed at students that want to live in the UK while studying here. However, this comes with a number of requirements. As part of the points-based system, applicants will need to demonstrate that they have at least 40 points in total from the following criteria:

  • Holding a valid Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS). Essentially, this means you have been offered a place on an eligible course in the UK.
  • Applicants must meet the maintenance requirements. That means having enough money to support yourself and pay for your course.
  • You must meet the English Language requirements, being able to speak, read, write and understand English.

This is broken down into two categories, depending on the applicant’s age:

  • Tier 4 (General) Student – for students coming to the UK for post-16 education
  • Tier 4 (Child) Student – for children between 4 and 17 years old coming to the UK for their education.

Sponsorship for Tier 4 student visa

To apply for a visa under Tier 4, applicants must have a sponsor. In short, this is an educational institution that’s willing to offer you a place and in turn back your application. Sponsors are listed on the Government’s Tier 4 register of sponsors. They vary from universities and colleges to independent schools.

Switching and settlement

Unfortunately, you can’t apply for settlement under the Tier 4 General student visa. However, there are other routes. If you switch your student visa to another category, you might be able to apply for settlement.

In 2019, the Government launched a two-year post-study work visa for international students. Once students have successfully completed their course of study, they will be able to work at any skill level or in any subject in the UK.

At the end of the two-year extension, you will be able to switch onto a skilled work visa (Tier 2) if you have found a job which meets the route’s skill requirement. This will give you up to a further 5 years and 14 days in the UK. However, once you have been in the UK for the majority of 5 consecutive years, you will be able to apply for settled status.

Family members for Tier 4 student visas

When applying for a Tier 4 student visa, you may also be able to bring family members or dependants with you for the duration of your sty. This includes

  • Your husband, wife or civil partner
  • Your unmarried partner
  • Your child aged under 18 years old

However, family members or dependants of Tier 4 General students can only be joined in the UK if they are studying a course lasting longer than 12 months, or if they are sponsored by their own national governments on courses lasting at least 6 months.

Alternatively, for a Tier 4 Child visa, you can’t bring any ‘dependants’ as such. If parents or guardians want to accompany an applicant, they will need to apply for a Parent of a Tier 4 Child visa.

Timing it right

For both a General student and Child visa, you will be able to apply for a visa up to three months before the start of your course. So, if your course starts on 3rd September, you can begin applying from 3rd June. Given that you need to have a place on a course for your application, it’s best to contact sponsors before applying.

The decision will usually take up to three weeks. Once you have been accepted, the date from which you can arrive in the UK depends on the length of your course. If the course is six months or less, you can arrive up to one week before. However, if it lasts more than six months, you can arrive up to a month before.

Don't go it alone

Students face a number of issues while applying for a visa. From finding the right sponsor and course to arranging family and dependant applications, the whole process can be overwhelming. That’s especially the case as it needs to all be done on time, before the start of your course.

Fortunately, you don’t have to go it alone. At Osbourne Pinner, we offer specialist assistance and support for Tier 4 student and child visa applications. Our team will draw upon industry-leading expertise and experience to help you overcome any difficulties in the application process.

Why Osbourne Pinner

Why choose us? First and foremost, we know Tier 4 visas like the back of our hand. Driven by our vision to generate positive results, our solicitors have helped hundreds of students successfully apply for Tier 4 Student Visa. With the best knowledge of every step of the application process, we can make sure everything is ready and prepared, so there are no delays whatsoever in your Tier 4 application.

That’s paired with a personal service that’s tailored to your requirements. We start every case with a consultation to get to know you, your case and your requirements. Based in London, we can help clients across the world with Tier 4 applications to study in the UK. Rest assured, everyone gets the same expert level of care and attention that sets us above the rest.

Let’s talk about your Tier 4 visa

If you are a student planning to come to the UK for higher education, contact Osbourne Pinner today. We provide unsurpassed immigration services in an exceptionally professional and efficient manner – giving you the best chance of a successful application.



Ask a Question

Ask your question below and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible. Your question may feature on our FAQ section.

Leave a review

Leave an honest review below and we will add it to your website