Representative of an Overseas Business Visa
This visa category has become a popular option for companies and entrepreneurs with businesses abroad. This visa allows a representative of a foreign company to come to the UK and set up a registered branch or wholly owned subsidiary of the overseas business which is involved in the same type of business activity as the overseas business.
It is vital that the required criteria are met and that sufficient and robust evidence is submitted of all of the requirements. Successful applicants are allowed to bring their dependants to the UK.
Before you apply for a Representative of an Overseas Business visa, you must prove that:
- you are a senior employee of the overseas business which has its headquarters and principal place of business outside of the United Kingdom
- the company has no active branch, subsidiary or other representative in the United Kingdom with full authority to take operational decisions on behalf of the overseas business
- you will be employed full-time in the UK as the representative of the overseas business
- you must not be a majority shareholder in the overseas business
- you can maintain and accommodate yourself and any dependents adequately without recourse to public funds
- you must also meet a basic English language requirement in speaking and listening
Generally, an applicant must be either a:
- Senior employee of an overseas company which intends to establish and operate a registered a branch or wholly owned subsidiary of the overseas business in the UK; or
- Employee of an overseas newspaper, news agency or broadcasting organisation posted on a long-term assignment to the UK.
A Representative of an Overseas Business visa is initially valid for 3 years, but applicants can also extend for a further 2 years subject to meeting all of the extension requirements.
There is the opportunity to apply for settlement after 5 years, subject to meeting all of the eligibility requirements.
Representative of an Overseas Business - Visa Extension:
If you are with the same company and undertaking the same kind of work with your employer, then you may be able to extend your Representative of an Overseas Business visa for a further period of 2 years.
The extension application is subject to meeting all of the following requirements:
- you are employed full-time as the representative of the overseas business and have established and are in charge of its registered branch or wholly owned subsidiary
- the overseas business still has its headquarters and principal place of business outside of the United Kingdom
- you have generated business, principally with firms in the UK, on behalf of your employer since your last grant of leave
- you are still required for the employment in question and are in receipt of a salary
- you can maintain and accommodate yourself and any dependants adequately without recourse to public funds
Representative of an Overseas Business - Settlement:
You may be eligible to apply for settlement as the Representative of an Overseas Business if you:
- have spent a continuous period of five years lawfully in the UK as a Representative of an Overseas Business and have met all of the requirements of the visa category throughout the 5-year period
- are still required for the employment in question
Dependents of the Representative of an Overseas Business:
A Representative of an Overseas Business can bring family members to the UK.
A ‘dependent’ family member is:
- Your husband, wife or partner; or
- Your child aged under 18 years old.
Our Transparent Fixed Fees For Representative of an Overseas Business:
- We will charge you a transparent fixed fee of £2,500.00 (no VAT) for our professional immigration services in relation to your application for entry clearance of a sole representative of an overseas business.
- It is important to note that our fees does not cover any disbursements on your behalf. (e.g. Home office fees, IHS)
Why use Osbourne Pinner for your immigration matter?
- We have an excellent approval rate on Representative of an Overseas Business visa applications which we have submitted to the Home Office for entry clearance, leave to remain and settlement applications.
- At Osbourne Pinner, we provide unsurpassed immigration legal services in an exceptionally professional and efficient manner.
- Many applicants face difficulties in understanding the application process and in providing the required documentation. We provide a highly personalised service and our experienced Immigration Solicitors can ‘hand-hold’ clients through the application process providing detailed guidance and support.
Request A Call Back
Please complete all fields