Divorce & Family Solicitors In London

Child Arrangement Order Lawyers

Free Initial Consultation
25+ Years of Experience
No Hidden Charges
Affordable Transparent Pricing

Child Arrangement Order Solicitors

Many couples engage in a legal battle to gain the custody of their kids. Such legal battles and disagreements are vexing and stressful for all those involved. If both parents wish to keep the children with them separation, it becomes quite difficult for them to make a decision mutually.

Many couples opt for litigation where a court decides who gets the custody of the children and defines the terms of custody. The court’s decision is influenced by nothing but the best interests of the children involved.

With a professional and experienced lawyer representing you, you have a better chance of winning your cases as your lawyer builds a strong case for you.

We are able to help you with the following applications under the Children Act 1989:

Arrangement Order

This order determines where a child is to live and how much time they should spend with each parent. Child Arrangement Orders replaced Residence and Contact Orders.

Guardianship Order

Grandparents and other immediate family members usually apply for this order when children are not provided with sufficient care from their parents.

Steps Order

Prohibited Steps Orders are often made to prevent children from being removed from the country. This can include an order to prevent the child from leaving the country.

of Contact

An Enforcement Order may be necessary if a Contact Order is being breached.

Issue Order

When parents are disagreed on a particular aspect of their children’s upbringing i.e. which school the children should go to. They apply for Specific Issue Order.


Our Expert team of Child Law Solicitors also Specialise in Defending Father’s Rights. We specialise in advising fathers on what their legal rights are during separation or divorce.



Free consultation Via Zoom or Face to Face: We offer a 30-minute free consultation.

Fixed fees areas:

We can offer fixed fees in the following areas:

  • Divorce Petition (Uncontested) acting for the petitioner £850 plus VAT plus court fee

  • Divorce Petition (Uncontested) acting for the respondent £750 plus VAT

Hourly Charges

Where our fees are calculated on an hourly basis, the following hourly charge rates will apply:

  • Children Matter: Solicitor's Hourly Rate: £220 - £250 Plus VAT

  • Financial Settlement Solicitor's Hourly Rate: £220 - £250 Plus VAT

If you would like more information about our fixed fee on our family services contact our expert family solicitors on 0203 980 9348 or get in touch with us through our online enquiry form.


For a confidential discussion about your matter, please leave your details and we’ll get back to you shortly.


    Areas of Specialism

    • Children’s name – change of name

    • Child Arrangements Order – who a child lives with and how much time they spend with the other parent including the type of contact

    • Requiring someone to do something – specific issue order

    • Legal rights and restricting those rights – parental responsibility

    • Children moving abroad or to another area of the country – international or national relocation

    • Child care proceedings

    • Experts in Divorce & Family Law

    • Social services intervention

    • Preventing a parent from doing something – prohibited steps order

    • Child custody

    • Child arrangement order

    • Child abduction

    • Father’ Rights

    • Child Visitation Rights


    Arrangement Orders- FAQ

    What is a Child Arrangements Order?

    An order granted by the court in relation to residence and contact arrangements for a child if you and your ex-partner cannot agree these between yourselves.

    What is parental responsibility?

    This is defined as “all the rights, duties, powers, responsibilities and authority that a parent of a child has in relation to the child and his property by law.”

    I am a Grandparent. Can I apply for a Child Arrangements Order?

    In some circumstances yes. As a Grandparent does not have parental responsibility then you will need to apply to the court for permission to apply for a Child Arrangements Order.

    Who are CAFCASS?

    CAFCASS stands for the Children and Family Court Advisory and Support Service. They are social workers who work independently to advise the court on children matters.

    Can I change my child’s name?

    Yes, but you will need the consent of the other parent before changing the child’s name. If the other party does not consent then you will need to apply to the court for an order to allow this.

    There is a Child Arrangements Order in place but my partner isn’t complying. How can I enforce the Order?

    You can apply to the same family court that granted the Child Arrangements Order to enforce the Order.

    Do I have to go to mediation before initiating court proceedings?

    Normally yes. However, there are exceptional circumstances where this is not required. These include where the case is urgent or if there is history of domestic violence.

    Will my child/ children have a say in the proceedings

    When CAFCASS become involved in a Child Arrangements matter then they will often speak to the child as part of their report. The wishes and feelings of a child is one of the things the court must consider.

    How does the court decide on Child Arrangement Orders?

    The court must consider the ‘welfare checklist’ which details the important aspects to be taken into account.


    use Osbourne Pinner for your children matter?

    At Osbourne Pinner, we provide the best legal advice to couples to resolve their disagreements in a mutually beneficial manner.

    • Help our clients acquire custody of their children through a court of law

    • No confusing legal jargon or tedious procedures

    • Provide our client with the right legal advice and representation

    • Protect our client’s legal rights

    • Text Hover

    We offer no obligation free consultation with a specialist Family Solicitor. During this free consultation the solicitor will provide you with legal advice, explain any relevant procedures to you and go through the options available to you.

    We are happy to arrange an initial consultation to take place either in the office, by telephone or by video (i.e. Skype, FaceTime or Whatsapp video). If your consultation is going to take place via telephone or video, we will ask you to send us your photo ID before the meeting.


    and Client’s Reviews

    Top Solicitors in the Heart of London

    Call Now Button
    Translate »
    Subscribe to Our Newsletter
    Download the Case Study for Pre-Nuptial and Post-Nuptial Agreements

    Thank you for Subscribe

    Our Newsletter