Civil Partnership


Contact Osbourne Pinner for a confidential no-obligation consultation about your civil partnership. Whether you’re considering entering into a civil partnership or you need advice on legally ending the relationship, our civil partnership solicitors can help.

Highly skilled and knowledgeable, our friendly experts are ready to help, call us or complete the contact form to discuss your plans. 


When you’re looking for assistance with family matters, you only want to work with the best family law solicitors in London. At Osbourne Pinner, that’s what we’re committed to offering. Our local family law firm combines experience working with all kinds of family law cases plus expertise across the board when it comes to Divorce, Pre-Nuptial Agreements, Post-Nuptial agreements, Child Arrangements, Cohabitation Agreement and Financial Settlements.

With us on your side, you’ll be empowered by decades of experience dealing with a variety of family matters in London and beyond. That’s backed by an exceptionally high success rate and countless testimonials from previous and existing clients. Quite simply, we’ll always work to get the best possible outcome from your case.



According to the Office for National Statistics, in 2016 there were 18.9 million families in the UK. The most common type of family was married or civil partner couple families (12.7 million). However, cohabiting couple families were the fastest growing family type between 1996 and 2016, more than doubling from 1.5 million families to 3.3 million families.

A dispute about a property may not just arise with a former cohabitee but with a friend or relative with whom you have purchased a property with. The law and procedure outlined below may apply to you and it would be wise to get legal advice as soon as a dispute arises.

The law relating to disputes between unmarried couples is the Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996. There could also potentially be a claim for financial provision for any children under Schedule 1 Children Act 1989.

In relation to property disputes between unmarried couples, disputes often arise where a property is solely owned by one of the people involved. If there is nothing in writing to show that the person who does not legally own the property has an interest in it, it will be necessary to establish various facts. One example is that they contributed to the purchase of the property and there was an intention that they would have an interest.

The types of orders a court can make for financial provision for children include a lump sum or sums, transfer of a property to the child or for it to be held in trust for the benefit of a child or regular payments of child maintenance. The law in the area is complicated and you will benefit from receiving early specialist legal advice on your case.

We offer a no-obligation free consultation with a specialist Family Solicitor. During this free consultation, the solicitor will provide you with legal advice, explain any relevant procedures to you and go through the options available to you.


Choose Your Language | اختر لغتك | Dilinizi seçin