Business Immigration

Sports Immigration and Sportspeople

Sport plays a very important part in the UK and our specialist immigration consultants are available to advise and assist you with the Immigration rules and legislation. We work with sports club and the sports individuals.
Sportspeople and coaches can come to the UK under Tier 2, Tier 5 category and the Sports Visitor Visa to take part in specific sporting events here in the UK.Sporting sector Tier 5 category will allow to enter the UK for short term contracts for a maxim period of 12 months.Tier 2 (Sportsperson) category will allow you to stay in the UK for up to 3 years with a possibility of extending for a further 3 years. Although Tier 2 (Sportsperson) sounds more attractive in respect of a possibility of settlement in the UK, you will have to satisfy an additional requirement of the English language skills. It is possible to switch from Tier 5 into Tier 2 within the UK, subject to meeting certain requirements.

You must be internationally established at the highest level in your sport and make a significant contribution to the development and operation of that sport in the UK. Your sponsor will need to issue you a Certificate of Sponsorship and obtain an endorsement for you from the appropriate governing body for your sport.You may benefit from the multiple entry Certificate of Sponsorship if you are based overseas and are required to enter the UK on a regular basis.

As part of your application you will need to show that you have at least £945 of personal savings or that your sponsor club will maintain and accommodate you for a month. You may want to check the potential cost of living in the UK, especially if you will not get any income from your work in the UK after the first month. You will not be entitled to welfare benefits.

You can undertake supplementary work in the UK. However, it must be a job on the shortage occupation list or a job in the same sector and at the same level as the work for which the Certificate of Sponsorship was given.You cannot work for more than 20 hours per week. You can also work as a temporary sports broadcaster.

Sports Visitor Visa category is for sportspeople and their technical and support staff who need to come to the UK to participate in a sporting event. You will be able to stay in the UK up to the maximum period of 6 months and you will have to show that you have enough money to support yourself during your stay.

Our sports immigration consultant will put together your sports visa application suitable to your needs.

Sports Licences for Sports Clubs

The sports clubs will need to obtain a Sponsor Licence form the Home Office to employ sportspeople from around the world. Once they have obtained a Sponsor Licence, the sponsoring club will issue the Certificate of Sponsorship to the applicant.

We can advise about the process for obtaining a sponsor licence and the requirements which must be met before the Home Office will issue a licence. We can also advise and assist with extension of the existing sponsor licence.

Rate this post